Site Meter Vamps and Scamps: Make Me Swoon!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Make Me Swoon!


At one of the luncheons at the Romantic Times convention the guest speakers were with a production company. We took a survey asking us what we'd like to see on DVD's. They showed pictures of possible leading men. I did think it odd they didn't show leading women. I think if you didn't have a strong leading woman the movie would fall flat.

So what book would you choose? The Wolf and the Dove, Shanna, Whitney My Love, Johanna Lyndsey's Mallory series are some of my fav historicals. Contemporaries would probably be Jake by Sharon Sala, Sandra Brown just about anything, Iris Johannson's The Ugly Duckling and any of her historicals and of course any book by the scamops and vamps authors!

What about the racier books that are out right now? They could heat up my screen any day!!! Yep, I would definitely have a lifetime subscription.

So what book would you like to see made into a movie?

In Other News: My may contest is about to end but look for my next one starting June first to celebrate the release of Hell On Wheels. W00-Hoooooo!!!!! I'll be giving away a sterling silver and diamond bracelet but you have to be a member of my newsletter group for this one. You can find all the info at my website (url in my sig line).
Best Wishes!
Karen Kelley
Available Now! HELL ON WHEELS/BRAVA (It's been spotted in some stores!)
09/06 Texas Bad Boys/Brava
www.authorkarenkelley.com

7 comments:

Wolfy said...

There are so many good books out there that would be great to see, I think that for suspense, romance and thrill one of Suzanne Brockmann's would be great to see, I love Sandra Brown, and so many more that would lend well to movie.

Jennifer Y. said...

I don't know if I could narrow it down. Hmmm...I would not mind seeing Lucy Monroe's Merc trilogy made into movies, or any of your books Karen...Julia Quinn's Bridgerton books would be interesting too.

lamclane said...

I Karen,

Well in my dream world....Dark Roots and Cowboy Boots with Reese Witherspoon playing the lead...lol.

Hmmm, I would love to see Beauty Queen by Julia London. The book sexy, funny and touching and would come to life on the big screen very well.

Kelley Nyrae said...

I would love to see Lucy Monroe's Merc trilogy a movie too, Jennifer. I also would like Lori Fosters, Visitation seris. I also read a cute book a while ago that I thought would make a good movie. It was Leaving Normal by Stef Ann Holm. There was just something about it that made me visualize it as a movie.

Stacy~ said...

OH yeah, something by Suzanne Brockmann - I would love to see the Team 16 series and see who ends up as Sam & Alyssa.

There are so many more, I just worry that a movie would ruin the story. Julie Garwood's book called....Rose something...comes to mind....

Karen Kelley said...

When you think about it there's way too many to choose from! They really need to get started on them. And YES! I'd love to see one of mine on the big screen. LOL

There was a Nora Roberts movie I thought was a little disappointing, too. But on the other hand The Ring is my fav Danele Steel.
Karen

Joni said...

I'd like to add on to Lucy's Merc trilogy that of Allison Kent's SG-5 series - would any of those two be great movies or what? The leading ladies would have to be Angelina Jolie, Parker Posey, Joan Cuzak, Natalie Portman, Jessica Alba, Maria Bello or Cherize Theron maybe even Thandie Newton! Those have been some kick-butt heroines!