Site Meter Vamps and Scamps: "Peachy" Time in Atlanta!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

"Peachy" Time in Atlanta!



Well, I'm back home... yawn... The conference was a success by my calculations. I had a nice lunch with my agent on Wednesday. Then that evening at the booksigning, I met Jennifer Y.! I love putting names with faces. :)

Thursday morning Dianne, LuAnn, Karen and I gave our workshop on Group Loops, Blogs, and Ads. We were afraid no one would show up, but we had a roomful - about 40 to 45. The speaker for the RWA luncheon that day was Meg Cabot (Princess Diaries). Her speech was cute. That afternoon, Erin and I spent far too much money shopping at Lenox Square. She bought a really pretty dress.

Friday morning I met with my editor. Then went to lunch with a group of the Scamps and Vamps and the Bookjunkies. Please don't kill me if I leave someone out or misspell a name. Here goes - in no particular order... MaryF, Bad Barb, Lynda, Colleen (Lynda's sister), PattiF, Jamie, Stacy, LadyB, Mo, Jan, Heather, Anne-Marie, Elizabeth (LuAnn's mom) and authors Dianne Castell, Erin McCarthy, LuAnn McLane, Leigh Riker, and moi - Janice Maynard. I did take pictures, but the place where we ate was kind of dark, and the photos were not very flattering. Sigh...

Friday evening was the Penguin/NAL/Berkley party. LuAnn, Erin, and I attended that... rubbed shoulders with the wonderful Nora Roberts, among others.

Saturday morning was the NAL booksigning/book giveaway. The luncheon speaker that day was Christina Dodd. Then I went to the Spotlight on NAL which lasted until 4:15, and then I hit the road and headed north. Stayed with relatives in Chattanooga Saturday night and came home tonight. Haven't even unpacked yet... It was a fun conference. This was just my schedule... everybody there had her own agenda. Lots of stuff to do and sometimes it was hard to choose. It was wonderful to see so many of the Scamps and Vamps. Wish you all could have been there. I've "re-started" my Yahoo loops, so I'll be back online tomorrow. Good to be home.

Hugs from the Peach State,
Janice

8 comments:

Kelley Nyrae said...

I'm so glad everyone had fun, but I'm so jealous too :)
I'm glad you are back home and everything went as planned. The pics look so fun!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. We missed you though. I love the pictures -- you all clean up good! LOL

Wolfy said...

Glad you are back home. The pictures look like you had lots of fun.

We did miss you all.

Maura Anderson said...

It was so nice to meet you all!

Great talk, too, and I'm doing what you encouraged me to and writing up my Web Presence info to give a talk on it later :)

HUGS!

Janice Maynard said...

Hey, ladies - wish you all could have been there...

Maura - good for you! Be sure and send us the link.
Janice

Judy F said...

Janice we missed you all. Lucy kept us hoping at the party. That was fun....

Take it easy.

Jodi said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Wish I could have joined in on all of the fun. Some day I will be able to meet everyone!

Jennifer Y. said...

It was great to meet you!