Site Meter Vamps and Scamps: Very Strange Places...

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Very Strange Places...



for a love scene.

In all the books I’ve written I can count on one hand the love scenes done in a bed. It’s not that I don’t like bedroom love scenes but they are usually planned events and my h and h are usually in an I-got-to-have-you-now situation. So, they never quite make it to bed. J

But sometimes they are in really unlikely situations and want to get it on and the question I have is, when can they and when is it out of the question?

I read a book once where they did the deed on horseback. Wow, not that’s talent! And I hear of that mile-high club and wonder how two people can ever fit in that little bathroom. And I don’t know about you but I can barely fit in an airplane seat much less get someone else in there with me. Then there’s the privacy issue. Most planes are a circus. Except now with no food they’re a hungry circus.

I had the h and h do the horizontal hula with her on a newel post, in a pilot house of a tugboat, the woods, hayloft, boathouse and the most unusual a rowboat. That was fun!

So, in the books you’ve read where are some of the most unusual places for love scenes? And are there any scenes that you thought…there is no flipping way they can do it there!

Have a great Sunday!
Hugs, Dianne

11 comments:

Robin Snodgrass said...

I don't remember the book but I read one once where the H & H had sex in a crypt on top of a coffin. I thought - there's just NO WAY!

Alleys up against a wall always startle me because I can't imagine doing the deed in such a dirty place.....

Great topic. :)

Stacy~ said...

I've read most of the ones you've mentioned Dianne. I've also read about love scenes in the swimming pool, shower, front seat of a car (seems very uncomfortable!), broom closet, at the office on the desk or on the boardroom table, and an elevator. Can't decide which is the most unusual though.

Brandy said...

I obviously(sp) need to pay more attention to my books! I remember reading one where the hero and got "frisky" on a bathroom counter, um, a motorcylce and a rooftop.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dianne. I read a book where the hero and heroine did the "horizontal hula" ;) in a car wash. Without a car. I didn't understand that. I'm not saying it's good or bad. I just didn't understand their thought process.

Anonymous said...

I've read those you've talked about plus some others and honestly, I can't figure out how in the world they accomplished the deed. Making love in the shower, bent over, without water could be doable, but with water streaming down - I think I'd drown!

And I'm with Robin, don't put me on that alley wall! YUK!!!!

I think what really works is the author leading up to the scene, building the anticipation so much that the reader knows there is no way the character can wait until a more convenient, private, clean, etc. place can be found.

Patti said...

If you want a "clean" place, how about doing it on top of a washer...while its running. :D
All that vibrating...

Anonymous said...

I'm with everyone who thinks it's yucky to have sex in an alley against a wall. I'm too much of a germaphobe to get into that. :P

I think I read a book once where the couple did it on a motorcycle. I'm pretty sure the motorcycle wasn't moving. LOL.

Unknown said...

On the back of a moving camel!

Wolfy said...

I have read a lot of the ones that you all have mentioned, and I have to say that I agree there is no way I could do it in an alley. Some other scenes that make me kind of wonder is the bathtub ones, I don't know about the rest of you, but my bathtub is only big enough for me when I am having a bath, let along two in the tub, I always thought that you would need a bigger than normal bathtub. **shrugging**

Anonymous said...

OMG, I remember reading one with them having sex on the moving camel, and on a horse.

Judy F said...

I did read one with them doing it on a moving motorcycle. Its by Jessica Hall if I remember correctly.

ANother unusual one is in the snow in Alaska. I am so sorry but this girl does not do cold very well