Site Meter Vamps and Scamps

Sunday, April 15, 2007



Books into Movies...

I love movies but am usually disappointed when they make a movie from a book. I get that they can’t include everything in the move but sometimes they do such a horrid job. Who did they get to do the screen adaptation??

One of my favorite books is French Silk by Sandra Brown. Love, love, love that book. Then they made a TV show from it and it was just plain horrid! The fact that they let Susan Luci play the lead was the first mistake. Then they way over-simplified the plot and completely ruined the book. Never mind the sex scenes that seemed to be thrown in as an after-thought.

I know several of Nora’s book are on cable TV and everyone seems to be happy with the job done there and there are some books that are actually better movies as books. IMO, Hunt for Red October was such a movie as was The Client and The Firm. It think Clancy wrote those with his eye on getting them made into a movie. Smart guy!

So, the question is, is there a fav book you’d like to see into a move? Any suggestions on who’d play the hero or heroine? I’d love to have my O’Fallon series as a move, and not just because of the money but I love the Mississippi River setting and the mystery. I’m sure this will never happen but I can dream, can’t I. J

Hugs, Dianne

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see Heiress for Hire by Erin McCarthy made into a movie. Not sure who I'd choose to play the main characters, though (NOT Paris Hilton, that's for sure :P).

Judy F said...

I agree Dianne I hate to have read the book and then see the movie. The whole time I keep thinking that isn't right.

I agree on the French Silk movie. It just didn't work.

I think your books would be excellent for a movie.

Susan E. Phillips books would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne!

I think the acting is a huge part of the success is movies. Hunt for Red October is probably my husband's fav movie. He can duplicate Connery's accent and knows all the lines. Of course, he can talk like Donald Duck and Porky Pig, too. LOL

Not sure what book I'd like to see in movie form - I just don't watch that many movies. But I do like some of the guys on the CBS show, The Unit. They would make good alpha heroes. And I think the title was "The Magnificent Seven" a western out a long time ago. Some of those guys were totally hot.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Dianne the O'Fallons would make a wonderful movie, it would have all of the elements that a great movie has love, sex and a mystery.

As for Nora's movies, I was not impressed. I would rather pick up a book anyday. I have taught my daughter that lesson also. She had to read Where the Red Fern Grows in school and loved the book, I had her watch the movie and she was disappointed in that adapation. She also liked The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book, and she thought the movie was good, but not as good as the book.

Wolfy said...

I think one of Suzanne Brockmann's books would make a good movie.

I would like to see the O'Fallons made into a movie it has all the elements that would make a great movie. Not sure who to get to do the acting, since I am not up on the who who's.

Mollie said...

I did a post on this very topic not to long ago!

Cryna's got the right idea...Brockmann's Navy Seals on screen? Sign me up!

I'd also like to see Lori Foster's Visitation series.

And Laurell K. Hamilton's Antia Blake series. Which might happen...??! There've been rumors about an Antia movie....who knows?!

Stacy~ said...

That's a tough one because a lot of what I've seen in being done is pretty substandard compared to the book. But if I had my choice, I'm gonna go with Cryna's response - Suz Brockmann. And I think it would appeal to men as well as women too.