Site Meter Vamps and Scamps: whatcha reading...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

whatcha reading...


After being sick going on close to two weeks, my brain is half dead. ;) Yeah, yeah I know...what else is new. Normally, I can think of something to yak about for a paragraph or two, but-uh, I don't wanna.

So here's something easy~and since you're reading this blog, chances are it's something near and dear to your heart. Books & reading.

The past two days, the only reading I've done is my stuff~bleh. That's work, not fun. Had to finish the copyedits for Hunting the Hunter. For my first mass market paperback, it was a lot less painful than I expected. Still made me a little nervous. OKAY... a LOT nervous. If I was a nail biter, I'd probably be in dire need of a manicure right now.

I keep promising myself a treat if I get enough done on my current deadline~my idea of treats is generally getting to read something. Sucks, but I read probably only a couple books a month anymore. I used to read a book a day.

So what was the last book you read?

What is the next book you plan to read?

The last book I read was last week~read Jude's Law by Lori Foster. I picked it up in Cincinatti last month at the signing and I'm glad I did. Great book.

The next book I plan to read is going to be Lover Eternal by JR Ward. *G* I read it months ago~JR was nice enough to send me an ARC and I've read it probably a dozen times by now. But I still need to read the finished one, the one with the pretty shiny blue cover.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better, Shi. I'm in the middle of Lover Eternal now and it's WONDERFUL! J.R. really has created an amazing world.

Have I mentioned how much I adore the cover to HTH? Think I might put the cover flat up in my cube ...

Shiloh Walker said...

i'm feeling a little better. just really tired. and i'm TIRED of being tired, too. :o|

Anni, i think you might have mentioned it once or twice. Better be careful~Renee might come steal it.

Danny~I have Ice Queen~ if I can manage to get some work done today and tomorrow, that's gonna be my treat. I LOVE Joey's stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Hope you start feeling better, it really sucks to be sick! Ahhgg!
Last book I read was My heroes have always been Cowboys, great antho. Im in the middle of Wild Ride, now and enjoying every minute of it! Next in line is Body Heat. I dont know after that,Im waiting for other books to be released and some to come in the mail. So will decide later! LOL
Hugs
Niny

jennyowl said...

Hi Shi, take good care of yourself. The last book I read was Teresa Medeiros' Fairest of Them All. The next book I plan to read is Lisa Kleypas's It Happened One Autumn.

Unknown said...

The last book I read was Waiting for It by Rhyannon Byrd. The next book I am reading is The Price of Pleasure by Joanna Wylde.

Maura Anderson said...

LE just showed up at my house yesterday so it will probably be the next book I read.

Don't have a current reading as I finished one last night!

Wolfy said...

The last book I read was The Way U Look Tonight, and prior to that was Jude's Law.

The next book up for me to read is Body Heat.

Cryna

Lucy Monroe said...

Just read "Catching Midnight" by Emma Holly and plan to read "Elizabeth's Wolf" by Lora Leigh or "Jude's Law" by Lori Foster next.

Stacy~ said...

Jenny I'm reading It Happened One Autumn now and I'm loving it. Lisa K. is a favorite author of mine.

I have Dark Lover & Lover Eternal in my tbr pile, but Lucy's And Able is calling to me....

Anonymous said...

I just finished Southern Comfort by Karen Kelley and loved it. Right now I am reading Crazy Kisses by Tara Janzen and next is He loves Lucy by Susan Donovan.
Kelley

K.A.S. said...

Love that cover - the tat is hot! Nothing I'd do to myself, but it looks good on her.

I've finished reading / still am reading part of the Bad Boys glomfest. Finished 3 of them (Ahoy, Immortals, Over Easy) and reading Expensive Toys, 3 Brides, and I (heart) Bad Boys now. Very great reads!

Sylvia Day said...

The cover is GORGEOUS!! I'm envious of your mm, too. I'm all trade, which is so pricey. :)

Congratulations!!

Hope you're feeling better soon.