Site Meter Vamps and Scamps: Interesting...uh...unique research...

Friday, February 24, 2006

Interesting...uh...unique research...

Have I ever mentioned I run across some really interesting things when I'm researching? Well, I do and I've found a new favorite website, but I'll get to that later.

The most recent "makes you blink in astonishment" thing I've run across while researching for my new Brava series is a radio for the shower that has a hidden camera in it. I'm so not kidding...they really sell such a thing. Want to see? Visit the product page here. Okay, I'm having a really hard time grasping the need for this unless you are like the FBI, or something. Really...the or something is a little scary, but the website that sells this also has other ultra hip spy equipment. I can see that coming in very handy with my new series. (And yep, as promised...I've just posted a little info on that on my Current Projects page.)

And how did I find this really very strange product that is honest-to-goodness for sale? On my new favorite website. It's full of info on cool and unusual and sometimes downright strange gadgets. I love gadgets...maybe not as much as my hubby, but enough that I definitely qualify for closet geekdom. Oh...he sent me the website link, by the way. He's great for stuff like that and he reads my books too...what more could a woman ask for???

Now it's your turn...what kind of weird or uananticipated stuff have you run across while innocently web surfing?

Just to let you know...I'll be out of town for my mom's birthday weekend with her and my sisters until Monday. But I'm REALLY looking forward to reading your comments when I get back!

Hugs,
Lucy

7 comments:

Trista Bane said...

My hubby reads my mss, too. Isn't it a great feeling? Okay, I've gotta know what your WIP is about! And, is the spy radio going to come into play? Hmmm. That may make for an interesting twist!

Jennifer Y. said...

Hmm...I am not sure..I don't surf a lot. I have seen some interesting things though. Here is one site I found (or actually was directed to)...nothing to buy, but it was fun:

http://www.brushwithromance.com

jennyowl said...

I thought this pretty hilarious. Came across this while I was searching for politician jokes.

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

Michelle B said...

Ok, that shower radio with the camera in it is scary stuff. If I ever visit someone with a shower radio, I'm always going to wonder if there's a camera in it lol. And I'm still not sure why the general public would need something like that! Oh well.

Your "current project" sounds great, Lucy. Can't wait to read it!!

As for strange things I've found online, I can't think of anything at the moment, but if I do think of something, I'll be sure to post again:)

Stacy~ said...

Yeah, it's cool that your dh reads your books, but you know what, a lot of your books would be great for guys who like the action/adventure. I'd definitely recommend your merc series for a guy - I'm in the middle of "Willing" right now and it is so awesome!

As for websites, I usually see unusual ideas or pictures posted on people's blogs/websites. Where they find this stuff, I have no idea, but it's fun. The web is an amazing world....

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Well...I'm home and I see you all thought the shower radio spy cam was as strange as I did. I seriously can't think of how to incorporate it into a story without freaking out my characters. ;-) But who knows...I've got lots of imagination...it *could* happen. :)

Judy F said...

This is kinda weird but yesterday I got sucked into one of those cheesy movies that are on tv on Sunday afternoons. It was called video voyeurism (sp)Here it was based on a true story, the neighbor across the street but camera's in this couples bedroom and bathroom. It was creepy. Turns out that they couldn't charge him with much but they past a law in that state to make it a federal crime to tape someone like that.