Site Meter Vamps and Scamps: Happy New Year - 2006!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year - 2006!


Well, I have just about finished day one of the new year - it was a good day. We had both girls, hubbies and baby here for the weekend. They all left about 6PM, and dh and I worked on putting stuff away for about 3 hours. We had left all the decorations up since the kids were coming, so now most of it is packed away, and I am about as tired as I can remember being for a long time!

But it's a good tired, and I am looking forward to getting back to my laptop tomorrow! I would have written this blog tomorrow morning, but I am determined to get my week off on the right foot with a productive writing day! :)

Tuesday is the official release date for Suite Fantasy, but I think most stores have it on the shelf. The photo is from our Books A Milllion, which is the first place I "saw" this new baby. :)

Notice Erin's new book, Heiress for Hire on the far right. I've bought it, but haven't read it yet... it's getting rave reviews!!

Be sure to stop by my website, www.janicemaynard.com and click on the contest tab for details of my January contest.

Monday always comes, doesn't it??? I hope all of you have a good week. And if you have a minute, tell us about any "resolutions " you may have made.

Mine are not set in stone, but I want to continue to develop a healthy lifestyle, spend more time enjoying friends, and being grateful for the blessings that come my way.

I wish for all of you a wonderful, challenging, surprising, and fun 2006.

More later,
Janice

10 comments:

jennyowl said...

Janice, I wish you a fantastic and successful 2006. My goals for the new year are not many, just to get healthy and get a good job.

Anonymous said...

My resolution is to work on my writing daily and to finish the 2 manuscripts I'm working on and pitch them at the conferences I attend this year.

Wolfy said...

Janice, glad that you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, mine was good as well. As for resolutions, I usually don't make them, because I never can keep them, something always comes up.

Cryna

Anonymous said...

I'm terrible at keeping resolutions but I guess I shouldn't give up so easy LOL.

Mine are pretty vague though - eat healthier, get organized, don't procrastinate. Learn something or try something I've never done before, like skydiving.

Anonymous said...

I really dont have a list of resolutions like some people. But I really want to get back in shape after all I ate during the holidays!LOL Also my goal is to be able so save some money so I can go to Lori's get together in Ohio next June. I missed it last year and with all the good things I really want to go this year. Also this year I would like to be able to spend some time with my niece whom so far I've only been able to see on pictures.Here is wishing everyone a happy new year and a healthy 2006 full of blessings!
Hugs
Niny

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year everyone! I wish everyone success in 2006.

My only resolution is to read more BOOKS :-)

Billie Jo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new book.
Jane

lamclane said...

Janice I've yet to make my official goals and resolutions so I'm going to do that tonight. Yep it's back to the old grind but I too want to live a healthier lifestyle.

I was waiting for the official release date to pick up Suite Fantasy...wow what a fantastic cover. Let's hope that there were a ton of gift cards given for bookstores!

Janice Maynard said...

Good to hear from everyone! Good luck to Jenny, Jamie, Stacy, and Niny with those goals.

Billie Jo has the right idea!!

And Cryna - some years I haven't made goals... too much pressure. Ha!

LuAnn - Thanks for buying Suite Fantasy! I think you and I should definitely write something together again!

And Jane - Thanks for the New Year's wish! Its still cloudy and gloomy here today, but they are promising sun for tomorrow.

Judy F said...

My resolution is to get in shape mainly. Find one job I like. Just to let things go more.

Hope everyone has a great 2006