Site Meter Vamps and Scamps: Thursday Thirteen and Contest...

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thursday Thirteen and Contest...

Just a reminder... if you haven't entered the scavenger hunt at www.aftermidnightfantasies.com ... time is running out. Ten prizes in all.



Thirteen Things Left to Do Before Christmas


1…. Bake Cookies with the Kids.

2…. Wrap the presents BEFORE Christmas Eve.

3…. Take the kids to the zoo in Cincy or Indy to see the lights.

4…. Wrap the darn presents BEFORE Christmas Eve

5…. Make sure I've got batteries for all the presents and the camera.

6…. Wrap the frickin presents BEFORE Christmas Eve ( I know I didn't buy THAT many)

7…. Remember the Christmas party at Church this coming Sunday.

8…. Wrap the presents BEFORE Christmas Eve and buy some drambuie to get me through the night, just in case I don't wrap them ahead of time.

9…. Buy my dad's present, and his girlfriend something. What do you buy for the dad's girlfriend, anyway?

10. Wrap the presents BEFORE Christmas Eve ( are you seeing a theme here? I'm an excellent procrastinator)

11. Mail 1, 2, 3...maybe 4, okay no more than five more presents to friends.

12. Forget wrapping. I'm just throwing them in a pile on the floor. They'll end up there anyway.

13. Buy the drambuie. Even if I don't need it Christmas Eve, it will be nice to sit down and have a drink with the DH once everything is done and Santa and his elves have left.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Needless to say, I'm a procrastinator of the highest caliber. I never remember to get things done on time and I don't even remember to do lists. So I never remember what I wanted to buy. Nonetheless, I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year... and now time for the other contest.

I'm still getting the pressies together, but either next week or this week, I'm going to do a "favorite things" contest. As in... these are a few of my favorite things... Christmas-y. Sort of.

I'm taking a page out of
PBW's book and giving away some of the books that I love above all others. Also some candy. A gift certificate or two. Not sure what else yet. Just have to wait and see.

But while I'm getting things together... what are some of your favorite things? Christmas or otherwise. I'll draw a winner from comments today and give away a signed print book from my backlist, reader's choice so long as it's available to me!


31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gift bags. Much easier and kids don't care anyway *g*

Anonymous said...

Have DH do the wrapping, mine does. hmm fathers gf.. I suppose it depends on if you LIKE her. :D Bath salts are always good.

Anonymous said...

Spending time with my sons-28, 25, 23. I live alone and that makes every day perfect-except for another book of yours! Then it's a double treat!

Unknown said...

Spending time with my family. Fave Christmas movies are A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation. Books are one of my favorite things too.

kim h said...

family and co workers are fun to be with and wrapping gifts for friends and family

Dena said...

Hi Shiloh, I think the Thursday Thirteen is great and have seen it in another writer's blog. I just don't understand how you do it? Do you have to have your own website or blog or link?
I hope you get it all done, definitely inlist the DH for help or use bags like Jaci mentioned. They come in such a variety now,I seen some that will play a tune when you open it up.
A few of my favorite things are jewelry,flowers,butterflies, miniature shoes,and books.My favorite free thing is spending time with my loved ones,and watching nature.

LISA WILLIAMS said...

E-books, christmas light decorations are a couple of my fav things.

Deborah Chan said...

Restaurants especially chinese food are one of my favorite things because I can't cook, lol

Shuck Ying said...

My favorite thing is cute and cuddly things such as babies, even baby animals.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to choose a favorite thing to mention, because I love so many things. So for now I'll mention amphibians and reptiles, since I get little chance to bring them up in casual conversation. I love their sleekness, their speedy grace, their sculptural stillness, their tiny clever-looking hands. (Of course, different species possess different ones of and combinations of these attributes. I don't love snake hands, for instance.)

Anonymous said...

Spending time with family. Vacations (if I didn't have to pay for it) would be one of my favorite.

Patricia

Jodi said...

Favorite thing to do: spend time with my family.
Favorite gifts to get: gift cards and books (or gift cards for books!)
I love to wrap presents and rarely use a gift bag (unless the present is too ackward to wrap and I can't find a box for it.)
I also like to participate in gift exchanges and card exhanges!

Anonymous said...

My favorite things are my cats and books. :-) For Christmas? The Grinch! I ADORE the Grinch and watch it every Christmas Eve.

felinewyvern said...

The gift giving, spending time with the family and putting up the decorations so that the house looks all festive, that's what christmas means to me.

Cathy M said...

Love having both my boys home for the holidays.

traveler said...

I enjoy the peace and love that emanates when I spend time with my boys since it is rare that we are together now that they are grownup and on their own.

Jennifer Y. said...

I love Christmas movies...Grinch, Charlie Brown, Frosty, It's a Wonderful Life, Scrooged, Elf, etc.

CrystalGB said...

My favorite things about Christmas:
the music, decorations, spending time with family and friends.

Kukka-Maria said...

Love the stress about wrapping before Christmas Eve! The nice part about your list is that you really only have about 9 things to do! :) Relax...

Happy T13!

tetewa said...

A few of my favorite things are as follows: (1)anything that has to do with dolphins (2) The football team the Michigan Wolverines (3) Books as I'm an avid reader (4) movies I have a very big collection on DVD.

Maureen said...

A nice dinner with the family.

Lois said...

I used to have this huge thing for gift bags, but then after a while I realized I missed the idea of unwrapping stuff. LOL And love the food, it's another chance in the year to have turkey and all the trimmings. And cookies. And reese peanut butter and chocolate trees. . . :)

Lois

Shiloh Walker said...

Jaci Burton said...
Gift bags. Much easier and kids don't care anyway *g*


Yeah yeah yeah... gift bags, i know. but eh... that's still work.

Jaime said...
Have DH do the wrapping


i'd love to make my husband do it. any suggestions? And I just bought dad's GF a scarf, gloves and a candle. Dunno what she likes so i just grabbed.


Marcy Arbitman said...
Spending time with my sons-28, 25, 23. I live alone and that makes every day perfect-except for another book of yours! Then it's a double treat!


awwww... marcy, thank you!

Dena said...
Hi Shiloh, I think the Thursday Thirteen is great and have seen it in another writer's blog


I'm new to the 13 thing. I think you do need a blog to actually post a list, although you're welcome to post yours in my comments. you can read about it at the site, www.thursdaythirteen.com ... I THINK


Several people mentioned the Grinch. I LOVE the grinch, both the cartoon and the Jim Carey movie.

You know one thing I can't give in my contest, although I would if I could, but it's my absolute fave thing. Sitting by the Christmas tree with the kidlets, the DH, watching TV and eating a pizza.

Kris said...

I was going to suggest Bath and Bodyworks stuff for the girlfriend.
Favorite things during the holidays:
spending time with family,
Caroling,
desserts,
books,
desserts,
chocolate,
presents
Favorite things in general:
my hubby
my kids
Classic Pooh
books
scrapbooking
singing

Anonymous said...

Alone time where I can do what I want to do, not what I need to do.
A much anticipated book goes without saying.

Anonymous said...

Seeing family, reminiscing with friends,the smell of the Christmas Tree and the ceremony of the decoration (as long as I do not have to put on the lights) with favorite ornaments,good food eaten and prepared and giving Thanks for making it through another year blessed with so very much.

principessa said...

The most important thing is to be together with the family after a wonderful and warm meal. That is the meaning of caring, love and it feels so good. That happens too infrequently. I miss it.

J said...

Romance books, facial, movies, music, singing, spaghetti, potatoes.

Anonymous said...

I love the first ten quiet minutes after my kids have gone to bed. Who knew my life could be so tranquil?

LadyVampire2u said...

Some of my favorite things: The sight of snow falling down outside my window like lace twirling in the wind. The good feeling inside I get when I give someone something that they wanted and didnt expect. The warm, comforting feeling of being close to friends and family. The quiet time in the morning or in the night when all concerns and troubles are held at bay, and its just a quiet time to read a book with the pet curled at your feet. The joyous feeling that overcomes me when someone does something wonderful and unexpected, be it a hug or a favor. That sense of relief you get from reading a book you were dying to, and then coming to the conclusion where the hero and heroine win the day and vanquish evil.: Those are a few of my favorite things. Hope everyone gets to enjoy all those things and more this season. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Wolfy said...

One of my favourite things is having the kids home, and the grandchildren around......especially on Christmas.......